METHODIST HOSPITAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE (“TMHRI”)
NON-COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
BEFORE YOU EXECUTE THE SOFTWARE PROGRAM ACCOMPANYING THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT (REFERRED TO AS “GCELLIQ SOFTWARE”), READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. BY EXECUTING OR TRANSFERRING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON YOUR OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF THE INSTITUTION THAT IS INTENDED TO BENEFIT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE (REFERRED TO AS “YOUR INSTITUTION”).
You, the user of GCELLIQ SOFTWARE, personally certify that the following are true:
*You are not and will not use GCELLIQ SOFTWARE for any purposes, including commercial purposes, other than non-commercial research or education;
*You have the right to bind YOUR INSTITUTION to this agreement by executing GCELLIQ SOFTWARE; and
*YOUR INSTITUTION is a public or private not-for-profit, non-commercial institution.
You understand that your use of GCELLIQ SOFTWARE is specifically limited by the following terms and conditions:
1. TMHRI hereby grants to you a nontransferable and non-sublicensable right to install and execute, for non-commercial research, development, and education purposes only, one copy of GCELLIQ SOFTWARE without charge from TMHRI. You are prohibited from all other actions or omissions with GCELLIQ SOFTWARE, such as modifying, selling, performing publicly, sharing, using on behalf of another person or entity, reverse-engineering or copying GCELLIQ SOFTWARE. GCELLIQ SOFTWARE may contain code designed to prevent modification or copying of GCELLIQ SOFTWARE, or other prohibited actions.
2. TMHRI may not be the owner of GCELLIQ SOFTWARE, but has the right to permit its use for such non-commercial purposes. If you use GCELLIQ SOFTWARE in violation of these terms, you may also be damaging the intellectual property rights of a third party.
3. You may use GCELLIQ SOFTWARE for only one year following the date that you first obtained it. Thereafter, you will need to obtain an additional license to GCELLIQ SOFTWARE by contacting TMHRI. In addition to protecting the rights of TMHRI, this term requirement is intended to ensure that you have the latest version of GCELLIQ SOFTWARE installed, and that you receive all required updates.
4. GCELLIQ SOFTWARE may be in the development stage, may not perform (or perform accurately) all of the actions it was designed to perform, and may not work on all operating systems. GCELLIQ SOFTWARE is intended solely as a research tool and is being supplied AS IS, without any accompanying maintenance or guaranteed updates from TMHRI.
5. You are aware, and will inform anyone for whose benefit you are using GCELLIQ SOFTWARE, that GCELLIQ SOFTWARE and any accompanying software or related documentation are provided as is, without warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular PURPOSE or any other warranty, expressed or implied. TMHRI makes no representation or warranty that the licensed software will not infringe any copyright, patent, or other proprietary right. In no event will TMHRI be liable for any incidental, special of consequential damages resulting from the exercise of this license of the use of the licensed Software and/or Documentation, including damage to the computer system on which it is installed and damage to or loss of any data associated therewith.
The GCELLIQ SOFTWARE may incorporate or require the use of software that is not developed or owned by TMHRI. It is your responsibility to review and understand the documentation associated with each of the following before using them or the GCELLIQ SOFTWARE:
1. Matlab: copyrighted by The
2. MATITK: copyrighted by Vincent Chu and Ghassan Hamarneh, Medical Image Analysis Lab, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
If you have any questions about GCELLIQ SOFTWARE, please direct them to the technical contact whose name appeared on the website from which you downloaded this software, or the email in which it was transmitted.